I have been seeing custom silhouette pillows pop up around the blogosphere more and more lately, and I really like them. But they are a bit pricey, so I decided to try and make one myself. It was very fun and fairly simple. Here is how you can make one.
1. Take profile pictures of the people you want to include on your pillow. (it is pretty hard to get a one year old to hold still long enough to take a picture of her/his profile, luckily I found one that worked)
2. Print out photos, and color them in with a sharpie, then cut them out.
3. Pin cut out paper silhouette's to felt and cut out felt silhouettes.
4. Pin felt cut outs to pillow case fabric.
5. Sew around edge of felt silhouette. (This is where you have to go slowly and take some time, mistakes are easily noticeable and can make profile look strange.)
6. Sew pillow case edges and stuff a pillow insert inside and you are done!