Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ride the Wild Surf


Sure "Ride the Wild surf" is a sixties-beach party movie... but it seems to be the best of the bunch. It has great shots from all over Oahu and original footage of real surfers like Mickey Dora, Greg Noll, and and Butch Van Artsdalen surfing big waves at Banzai Pipeline, Sunset Beach, and Haleiwa. I especially love when the shots cut from a fake shot of the actor "surfing" to original footage of real surfers on real waves. Did I mention the bikini fashions? There are some really great styles that I wish I could find now! watch it... you wont be disappointed.


also... one of the girl characters drives this jeep....!

2 comments:

ashley said...

i love all of those old movies! luke and i stared collecting them a while ago, they are so fun to watch!

and how fun would it be to drive that around the north shore now?

{Erica} said...

One of my favorites. Another DVD staple of mine that takes me back to my BYU-Hawaii days is Northshore. Ahh...who doesn't love Turtle?